In order to provide our services, we need to collect certain information about individuals that can be used to identify them.
What information do we collect?
The information we may collect and retain includes:
- Your name and contact information (identity information).
- Your credit card or bank account information for the purpose of making payments for the services (e.g. credit card payments, direct debit authorizations, etc.).
- Information about your transactions and history with us.
- Billing and service history.
- Information you provide to us about your location, housing, business, etc.
- Technical and access information.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, such as our partners and contractors.
Information collected automatically
We collect certain information automatically through tools such as log files, Google Analytics, etc. while browsing the Website. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- The IP address used to access the Website.
- Browser and operating system configuration.
- Geographic location and location data.
- Pages visited, products viewed, path taken on the Website.
- The keywords used in a search.
- The date and time of the visit.
We do not, however, transmit any personal information to services such as Google Analytics.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing products and services you request.
- Communicating with you about confirmations, invoices, notices, updates and alerts about products; and to communicate other administrative messages.
- Administer promotions (promotional contests and offers).
- Inform you of maintenance programs, grants, tips, etc.
- To fulfill any other legitimate business purpose, including compliance with legal requirements.
How do we communicate and disclose your information?
We may disclose or use your personal information as follows:
- To our affiliates, business partners and service providers.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information to us.
- At your direction and with your consent.
- For any other legitimate business purpose, including compliance with legal requirements.
Disclosure of information to third parties
To the extent permitted or required by law, we may disclose personal information, with your express consent or as follows:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, suppliers or agents. For example, we may disclose your information to third party service providers that we engage for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, to perform the services for which you are communicating with us, to process, analyze and/or store data, to provide printing and mailing services, email, billing and collection services, customer support and delivery services.
- When we have good reason to believe that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or to comply with a request from governmental or law enforcement authorities; (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce our Terms of Service for the Sites, including any investigation of possible violations thereof; (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to instances of fraud or technical or security problems affecting the Sites or our services; (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Allard & Ricard Inc., its employees, partners, or others;
- If Allard & Ricard Inc. or any of its affiliates are involved in a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of its assets, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of evaluating, financing, or executing the transaction, and your personal information may be included in the assets transferred in the transaction.
Where reasonably possible, rather than using personal information, we will anonymize or aggregate it so that it can no longer be used to identify an individual. We may share it with our customers and partners, including advertising suppliers, potential academic and industry affiliates, and for other business relationships or purposes.
We may also disclose collected personal information to other persons or organizations if a competent authority orders us to do so under applicable law or if applicable law expressly permits such disclosure, even without the consent of the individual concerned.
Allard & Ricard Inc. may disclose certain personal information when it believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of third parties and Allard & Ricard Inc. or to ensure compliance with users’ obligations to Allard & Ricard Inc.
Links to third-party websites
Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us (Allard & Ricard Inc.), and between other users and you, will be secure from unauthorized access by third parties or accidental loss or damage. It is therefore at your own risk that you use our Sites and the services offered through them and transmit personal information to us. However, once we receive your information, we will make every effort to ensure its security in our operations.
If we discover a security breach that may have compromised critical personal information, we may attempt to contact you electronically to allow you to take appropriate protective measures. In the event of a security breach, we may also post a notice on our Website. By using our Sites or providing personal information in any way, you expressly agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative matters related to your use of our Sites and services.
In cases where we include links to third party websites, please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you access from our Sites to understand how they collect, use and disclose your information from those sites. We assume no responsibility for the privacy policies or other content of websites other than the Allard & Ricard Inc. Website.
Information related to cookies
Unless a user has already provided information about themselves (for example, by activating a service linked to a user account) from their mobile device or computer, cookies do not identify the user.
You can accept or block cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to block cookies if you prefer. If you choose to do so, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the sites or other websites you visit. You can block our use of Google Analytics; to learn how to do so, simply go to the Google Analytics Opt-Out page.
Right to withdraw consent
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and upon reasonable notice; however, without such consent, Allard & Ricard Inc. may limit the services or products that may be offered.
You may opt-out of receiving communications by mail, e-mail, telephone or other means. Simply follow the “unsubscribe” or “manage email preferences” instructions that accompany any communication you receive; or send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Refusal of Communication” and include your name and email address in the body of the email.
Text messaging (SMS)
We may offer you the option to receive communications via text messages (SMS) in connection with the products and services we offer. You may be required to opt-in to receive these forms of communication. You may also opt-out of receiving certain types of text messages (other than appointment reminders) at any time by texting us the word STOP in response to any text message and providing us with your full name. After you opt out of receiving text messages, a confirmation message may be sent to you indicating that we have terminated your participation in the text message communication portion of the product or service offered, and you will not receive any further text messages from us.
Unless explicitly stated, all text messaging services are provided to you free of charge. Message and data rates and other charges may apply. You are responsible for all cell phone charges (usage, subscription, etc.) associated with the use of any of our products or services. Please check your mobile carrier’s pricing to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages.
Access and correction of personal information
Allard & Ricard Inc. respects your right to access and correct your personal information and complies with all access and correction laws. If you need assistance in updating your personal information, please contact us at the address listed under “How to contact us“ below.
How to contact us
The person responsible for the policy is Mr. Charles Ricard. He can be reached at 514 366-0330.